Kastus Ceramics is a spray designed to prevent the spread of harmful bacteria. The light-activated solution carries a range of additional benefits to ceramic surfaces, including scratch and stain resistance, non-toxic, no visible changes to the surface and it provides permanent surface protection.
Kastus Ceramics is effective in indoor or outdoor lighting conditions. To unlock the benefits of Kastus Ceramics, the spray is applied to the ceramic surface during the manufacturing process, prior to firing. With an ability to endure exceptionally high temperatures, a chemical reaction is triggered during the first firing process.
This value-adding technology can be applied to any ceramic surface and will transfer all the benefits of Kastus Ceramics to the finished product. This is done without impacting the appearance and texture of the surface, is environmentally-friendly and economically viable.
Using Kastus Ceramics:
- Kastus Ceramics is supplied in a liquid form with no toxic additives or harmful by-products
- Spray onto a ceramic surface prior to the firing process with no additional production steps required
- The solution can be tailored for alternative applications, depending on customer requirements
- Provides unique selling points with revenue generating potential
- Does not negatively affect the appearance or functionality of ceramic products
- Reduces cleaning requirements and on-going maintenance of ceramic products
How it works:
Click below to download the KASTUS Ceramics Factsheet.
Find out about our other products:
- ISO 27447:2009 Antimicrobial test: on an 8nm white ceramic floor tile, returned a kill rate under the light of 99.97% and 99% in darkness
- BS 6431-13:1986 and EN101:1991 Mohs' Scratch Hardness: returned a rating of 6
- BSENISO 10545-14:2015 Resistance to Stains: the minimum requirement is a classification of 3, Kastus Ceramics scored 5
- BSENISO 10545-7:1999 Resistance to Surface Abrasion for Glazed Tiles: returned a value of 4 after 6,000 revolutions. See our technical document for more information on PEI ratings with Kastus Ceramics
- ASTM D2247 Humidity test: passed effective
- ISO 10545 -13:1997 Determination of resistance to chemicals
- ISO 10545 -14:1997 Determination of resistance to stains
- ISO 10993 Tests to assess the vitro cytotoxicity showed no leeching substances were released in cytotoxic concentrations from the test item
- ISO 11998:1998 Scrub-rig testing: indicates excellent durability of coatings, no samples showed scratches after 500 cycles