Log4+® is a novel, patented, visible light activated (VLA) photocatalytic antimicrobial coating for Glass.
Visible light and oxygen in contact with Log4+® triggers a chemical reaction resulting in the decomposition of organic and inorganic substances offering bacteria kill rates up to 99.99% (Log 4). Log4+® is effective in indoor lighting conditions; not requiring UV. As Log4+® is sintered into the glass surface at high temperature, it is permanent, long-lasting, scratch resistant and invisible.
LOG 4+® Coating
- Is applied to glass using spray and curing processes which are typically used in glass manufacture
- Cost effective and commercially viable
- Is effective against gram positive and negative bacteria, fungi and mould creating enhanced product benefits for commercial partners and end users
- Is supplied in a liquid form with no toxic additives, VOC or harmful bi-products
- Can be tailored for different applications depending on customer requirements
- Offers unique selling points giving the customer revenue generation potential
- Anti-odour and air cleaning properties
- Will not adversely affect the functionality of the core glass product
- Reduce cleaning requirements in production cleanrooms, public buildings, high touchsurfaces, ATMs and airports
How it works:
- Antimicrobial test ISO 27447:2009 (4mm thick low iron float glass) returned a kill rate under the light of 99.99% and 99% in darkness against Staphylococcus Aureus
- Scrub-rig testing ISO 11998:1998 indicates excellent durability of coatings, no samples showed scratches after 500 cycles
- Coating thickness 30 - 40 nm
- Glass samples showed haze values between 0.36 - 0.63 %
- High Transmission (>91%)
- Humidity test ASTM D2247 passed effective
- Determination of resistance chemicals ISO 10545 -13:1997
- Determination of resistance to stains ISO 10545 -14:1997
- Tests for in vitro cytotoxicity showed no relevant cytotoxic effect when tested to standard ISO 10993
Click below to download the KASTUS Glass Factsheet.
Find out about our other products: