KASTUS Paints is a novel antimicrobial additive that has been designed to be added to paint as a powder, offering bacteria kill rates up to 99.99% (log 4).
KASTUS Paints is an active ingredient–reservoir material, which can be added to the mix of ingredients in the manufacture of paints giving them enhanced antimicrobial properties. The active ingredient–reservoir particles diffuse through to the surface of the paint coating and the bound active ingredients are held close to the coating surface resulting in the release of an enhanced level of antibacterial material. The overall concentration in the KASTUS Paints additive is very low at <1% by weight.
- Is added to paint during or post production with no additional production steps required
- Is effective against various bacteria creating enhanced product benefits
- Offers unique selling points giving the customer revenue generation potential
- Can be tailored for different applications depending on customer requirements
- Is supplied in a powder form with no toxic additives, VOC or harmful bi-products
- Will not adversely affect the functionality or appearance of the core paint product
How it works:
- Antimicrobial test ISO 22196:2007 returned a kill rate under the light of 99.999% against
(E.coli ATCC 1.5 x106 CFU/ml)
- Scrub resistance passed in accordance with BS7719 up to 1,000 cycles
- Additive volume 0.50 - 1.0 gm
- Impact resistant > 80psi BS AU148
- Humidity test ASTM D2247 passed effective
- Resistant to cleaning cycles using standard hospital cleaning solutions and detergents
- Determination of resistance to abrasion ISO 7784: 1997 passed
Click below to download the KASTUS Paints Factsheet.
Find out about our other products: